Love granola, but resist indulging for fear of carbs and sugars? This Maple Walnut Granola Recipe is chock full of healthy ingredients, satisfies the sweet tooth, and is super easy to make.
Don’t eat anything your great-great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.-Michael Pollan
Maple Walnut Granola Recipe
Servings: 10 • Bake: 275º for 50 minutes
- rolled oats – 6 cups
- chopped walnuts – 1 cup
- flax/chia seeds – 1/4 cup
- cinnamon – 1 tsp.
- sea salt – 1/2 tsp.
- maple syrup – 1/2 cup
- coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Combine dry + wet ingredients. Press into cookie sheet. Bake at 275º for 50 minutes.
Top with berries, coconut flakes, or topping of your choice. Enjoy!
This Maple Walnut Granola Recipe has a plethora of health benefits, including:
- Oats | rich in antioxidants + fiber
- Walnuts | rich in antioxidants + omega-3s
- Flax + Chia | great source of protein, omega-3s + fiber
- Ceylon Cinnamon | provides antioxidant + antimicrobial benefits
- Sea Salt | contains potassium, iron + calcium
- Maple Syrup | provides antioxidant compounds with anti-diabetic, anti-cancer + anti-bacterial properties
- Coconut Oil | contains fatty acids + saturated fats
*Full Disclosure: I tweaked the recipe of Radhi Conscious Cooking to accomodate my food sensitivities. I recommend you try both versions to determine which suits you. And try her other recipes; she does not disappoint!
I think it’s safe to say we all love carbs. While it’s important to limit white flour, oats can be a healthy alternative. The wholesome ingredients in this Maple Walnut Granola Recipe are sure to keep our carbs, mood, and health in check. Finally, we found a clean granola that tastes great! Give it a whirl and let me know what you think via DM over on Instagram or Facebook! –xo